Chandrashila and Deoriatal Trek
Day 1: Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh to Sari Village
• Altitude: 6,601 feet (Sari)
• Time took: 6-7 hrs drive from Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh to Sari Village in a Car. Transport from Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh at 7.00 AM.
Day 1: Sari to Deoriatal
• Altitude: 6,601 feet to 7,841 feet
• Time took: 1 hrs, 3 km
• Trek gradient: Easy. Gradual climb on a well-defined rocky trail, which becomes steeper after the first 10 minutes. Short descent to the campsite after an hour of climbing.
• Water sources: None. Carry around 1 litre of water from Sari.
Day 2: Deoriatal to Chopta
• Altitude: 7,841 feet to 8,790 feet
• Time took: 7-8 hrs, 14 km
• Trek gradient: Moderate. Initial 45 minutes of gradual ascent followed by 40 minutes of rapid descent, easing off after an hour of ascent to reach Rohini Bugyal. Series of ascents and descents to Chopta – 20-30 minutes each.
Day 3: Chopta to Chandrashila Peak via Tungnath and back to Chopta
• Altitude: 8,790 feet to 12,083 feet
• Time took: 4 hrs, 8 km
• Trek gradient: Moderate. Sharp ascent to Tungnath (2 km) followed by a steep climb to Chandrashila for about 45 minutes. The descent on the same path takes around 90 minutes.
• Water sources: None. Ensure you are well hydrated and carry 2 litres of water while starting from Chopta
Day 3: Depart for Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh
• Time took: 7-8 hrs drive from Chopta to Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh in a Cab. Transport from Chopta at 11.00 AM.
• Evening activity: Bonfire and Music on the Live Free Hostel, Rooftop.
• Accommodation during the trek (camping - 3 in a tent)
• All meals - vegetarian
• Trekking permits and forest camping charges
• Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
• Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
• Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
• Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
• Transport to and from the base camp (Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh to Sari and return from Chopta to Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh)
• Food during transit to and from the base camp
• Backpack offloading charges – Rs 300 (inclusive of GST @ 5%). Charges for last minute offloading during the trek will be Rs 400 per day (inclusive of GST @ 5%). The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kg. No suitcases/trolleys/duffel bags will be allowed.
• Stay at Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh on the last day
• Personal expenses of any kind
• Anything apart from the inclusions
Payment for the trek can be done online through credit/debit card or net banking. Cheque/draft or cash are not accepted.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc), Live Free Hostel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case you wish to cancel your trek please e-mail us at email@example.com. Cancellation requests are not taken over the phone.
The cancellation charges are as under:
• Cancellations prior to 20 days from the start of the trek -- full refund.
• Cancellation between 20 days and 10 days to the start of the trek -- 50% refund.
• Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek -- no refund.
Please note: In case of refund, there will be a deduction of 2% (bank charges) from the total fee you have paid. Also, if you have opted for a trek insurance, the amount will not be refunded.