The most beautiful of all Himalayan flowers, the blue Primula can be seen blooming in thousands in the valley. The best time to see the valley in full bloom is from mid-July to mid-August. To reach the valley one has to trek from Govind Ghat, on the route to Hemkund Sahib, up to Ghangaria, 12 km ahead. Few furlongs ahead of Ghangaria the trek route to the valley takes a detour towards left. The valley is about 5 km from Ghangaria. The high altitude serine lake, known as Hemkund ( 4300m/14,100ft) lies in heavenly environs. A steep trek from Ghangharia leads one to this spot in about four to six hours. It is an important pilgrimage for both Hindus and Sikhs, as well as for people from other faiths. There is a Sikh Gurudwara and a Lakshman temple built on the bank of the lake. Encircled by seven snow-clad peaks and their associated glaciers, it reflects its surroundings enchantingly on its crystal clear serene waters. The glaciers from Hathi Parvat and Saptrishi peaks feed the lake and a small stream called Himganga flows out of this lake. As alluded to, in the holy Granth Sahib, Guru Govind Singh, the tenth Guru of the Sikh faith had meditated on the bank of this lake in one of his earlier births. It is widely believed among Sikhs that Guru Govind Singh introduced the features now universally associated with Sikhism. On 15th April 1699, he started the new brotherhood called the Khalsa (meaning the pure, from the Persian word 'Khales') an inner core of the faithful, accepted by baptism (Amrit). The five K's' date from this period: kesh (uncut hair) kangha (comb), kirpan (dagger or short sword), Kara (steel bangle), and kachh (boxer shorts).
Day 1- Haridwar to Joshimath
- Distance- 275 km, Altitude 1,900m/6,200ft.
- Pick up from Haridwar Railway Station parking at 6:00 AM
- Driving Time-10-11 hrs.
- Last ATM point available in Joshimath.
- Market available in Joshimath.
- Networks available all along the way.
- Guesthouse stay (Shared Accommodation).
- Haridwar to Rishikesh
- Rishikesh to Devprayag (confluence of Bhagirathi river and Alaknanda river)
- Devprayag to Srinagar
- Srinagar to Rudrapryag (confluence of Mandakini river and Alaknanda river)
- Rudrapryag to Karnprayag (confluence of Pindar river and Alaknanda river)
Day 2- Drive Joshimath to Govindghat -Pulna and Trek to Ghangharia
- 40 km 20 minutes, Govindghat to Pulna (2,000m/6,800ft).
- 9 km 4 hours, Pulna to Ghangharia (2,290m/9,800ft).
- Gradual ascent on a stone-paved path, all the way along the river.
- Water is available along the route.
- Packed lunch will be given.
- Mule and porter facility is available from Pulna.
- BSNL network available at Ghangaria.
- Helicopter service available from Govind ghat to Ghangaria and fro only if weather allow (Not included).
- Stay in guest house (Shared Accommodation).
- Note worthy Site: Govinddham Gurduwara, Govindghat; Hemkund Gurduwara base, Ghangharia; Valley of Flowers Information Center; Ghangharia
Day 3- Ghangaria to Valley of Flower and back to Ghangaria
- Altitude- 3,500m/11,500ft.
- Distance- 4 km, each way.
- Trek Time- 7 hours.
- The Valley is 6-7 km long, ends with a glacier.
- Mixed incline till the valley followed by level walk on grassland.
- Can refill water bottles from streams on the way.
- Packed lunch will be given, no food available in the valley.
- Camping inside the valley is not allowed, can’t stay after sunset.
- Night stay in Guest house (Shared Accommodation).
- Prominent flowers:- Blue Poppy, Snake Foil, White Leaf Hog Foot, Himalayan Rose, Meadow Geranium, Dog Flower, Hooked Stick Seed, and River Anemone.
Day 4- Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib and back to Ghangaria
- Altitude- 4,300m/14,100 ft.
- Distance- 5.5 km, each way.
- Trek Time- 7 hours.
- Gradual and steep mixed ascent on a stair welled stone-paved path.
- Mule ride service is available till Hemkund Sahib.
- Can refill water from road side dhabas.
- Hot lunch at Gurduwara langar.
- Brahma Kamal, Himalayan blue poppy can be seen on the way to Hemkund Sahib.
- Night stay in Guest house.
Day 5- Ghangaria to Govindghat and Drive to Joshimath (Badrinath optional)
- Distance to Govind Ghat- 13 km
- Trek Time-5 hours
- Driving Time- 20 mins
- Packed lunch
- Guest house stay
Note- GovindGhat to Badrinath is landslide prone area in monsoon time so if our leaders find that your safety is in risk due to weather condition/ landslide or road blockage then we shall skip Badrinath altogether and drive to Joshimath directly.
Day 6:- Joshimath to Haridwar
- After Morning Tea/Coffee, Depart to home.
- you’ll reach Haridwar between 6 -7:00 pm. You can book further travel any time after 8:00 pm.
- Accommodation. (Guesthouse, Homestay,).
- Meals while on trek (Veg. + Egg) from Dinner on Day 1 to Dinner on Day 5.
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- First Aid Medical Kits and Oxygen Cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional Trek Leader, Guide, Cook and Support staff.
- TTH Staff Insurance.
- Porters/mules to carry central equipment.
- Transport Haridwar to Govindghat and return.
1. Food during the transit.
3. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Price Includes.
5. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
6.Any kind of personal expenses.
Note: Normally TTH expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 500/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 700/- if you inform us after reaching Joshimath
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book a Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
For the cancellation of services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, Trek The Himalayas must
be notified of the same in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. At the time we receive your
written cancellation, refunds based on the total fare are as follows.
- Back pack & rain cover(50 - 60 ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps
- Day pack + rain cover20 - 30 ltr (If hire a mule or porter)
- Walking stickAdvisable (At least one)
- Head torch1 Nos.
- Water bottle/Hydration pack2 bottles of one litre each
- People who use hydration pack
- 1 hydration pack and 1 bottle of one liter
- Carry at least one thermos flask
- SnacksEnergy bars, dry fruits, electral/ors
- Personal Medical KitConsult your doctor